The Magurans

The Magurans

Monday, December 17, 2012

Cookie Exchange & Gingerbread

On Saturday, Phil went with our friend Ben to pick up gifts that needed to be delivered for Santa Claus Girls. While they were waiting in a long line of volunteers, the boys helped me set up for my annual cookie exchange. Phil, Ben, and Baby Charlie came and picked up Will and Alex right around 9:30am. They went around on the route to deliver the gifts while I did some finishing touches on the brunch. My girlfriends arrived around 10 and we spent a lovely few hours. Some of the hits from the exchange: candy cane snowballs, brown butter chai spice snickerdoodles, and orange cranberry drops. Yum!

On Saturday afternoon, Will and I decorated a small gingerbread house. It was so much fun. We started off with me applying the frosting and Will would place all the candy. By the end, he took over frosting duty as well. Then we went up to PF Changs to celebrate my mom's birthday.

On Sunday, Alex and I ran some errands while Phil and Will went bowling. Will actually got 2 strikes (bumper bowling) and numerous spares. He was pretty excited!


No comments: