The Magurans

The Magurans

Monday, November 4, 2013

Dallas

My best friend Beth asked me to be the Godmother of her youngest daughter, Madison. The baptism was this past weekend in Dallas so I went down for a long weekend. I left Kalamazoo early Friday morning so I had most of the day to visit. We played with Madison and her big sister, Olivia. Beth's family was in town and they watched the girls so we could go out for dinner Friday night. On Saturday, we ran a few errands and then watched the Michigan/Michigan State game. They are a "house divided" since Mike went to MSU. His family was also in town (also MSU fans) so we had a good group to watch the game. On Sunday, we walked up to the playground before the church service. It was a very nice ceremony and we had a nice party back at their house afterwards. It was a fun weekend but it was nice to get back to two boys (who were all smiles when I got in the car).

While I was gone, the boys had a lot of fun with dad. They went for a nature walk, played at Barnes and Noble, rode escalators at the mall, went to the library, and went shopping for Will's soccer gear (he starts on Tuesday).

No comments: